Monday, March 11, 2019

New Podcast Coming Today!

Later today I will be creating a blog that will appear Monday to Friday.  It will be called The Rock, after Jesus' words to Peter "You are Peter and on this rock I will build my church and the gates of hell will not prevail against it."  I will talk about the spiritual renewal of the church.   We are in the holy season of Lent, a perfect time for spiritual renewal.  Jesus began his public ministry by saying, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand."  The start of spiritual renewal is turning away from sin, and following Jesus in his way of the Gospel, or good news.

I hope you subscribe to my blog!  I hope you leave feedback on the comments section.  I have written a booklet called Prayer for the Renewal of the Church.  It will be available as a free ebook on my personal website which will be up and running soon.  I am also planning to print booklets of them for churches to purchase and give out to church members to pray for the renewal of the church.  Let me know if you would like to order copies for your church.

We all need spiritual renewal.  God raises up certain men and women like St. Francis of Assisi to renew the church.  During his lifetime St. Francis had to deal with a church that was losing touch with the Gospel message of simplicity and radical renewal. The Pope had a dream that St. Francis was supporting a large basilica.  God raised up many men and women to follow in the footprints of St. Francis, especially St. Clare and her order called the Poor Clares.  Lay people also followed St. Francis as the Brothers and Sisters of Penance, now known as the Secular Franciscan Order.  I was a member of the SFO for over 20 years until God called me to start the Missionaries of Merciful Love, which is now growing a lot especially in Nigeria.

May the Lord bless you this Lent with radical conversion and Gospel joy!



No comments:

Post a Comment